Saturday, June 13, 2009

A sad farewell...

Just to give you and idea of how much Reese loved this trip...this was us trying to leave and Reese laid down in protest saying, "no, we're not going" cute and sad!

I had this moment yesterday as we were sitting on the beach for the last time, realizing how different things are now. I have always loved the Beach...I have grown up going to the beach every summer...and ever since high school I think I would be on the beach or by the pool from around 10 am until 4 pm! I loved being in the sun...of course my mom always taught us to have on lots of sunscreen so I did that. But, now things are so different. In those days the goal was to get a lot of sun...but stay away for getting sand on you.

Ever since having Reese...we are pretty much out at the beach by 8 or 8:30 and we are back inside by 11:30 at the latest...all covered head to toe in sand! Using a beach towel to keep the sand off your legs??? Are you kidding we just sit right down in the sand and cover ourselves and I love it! I guess that is again what parenting is about...getting down on the level of your children and soaking in every minute with them. This beach trip was such a treat for us...we were all very sad to leave. My mom and Ashley made this trip very memorable for Reese as they played with her all day every day and that is what she talked about on the way home. Mom, thanks for taking us on a wonderful trip this year...we will not forget it!
Reese loving on her Ashley

Bebe swinging Reese on the beach
Daily ritual of digging in the sand...and getting covered in it.
I would follow those little pigtails and footprints anywhere!
The last family vacation picture before our family of 3 becomes a family of 4!

Goodbye to the beach I love...so dramatic!

1 comment:

sweetpeamorrow said...

So sweet! I love that she didn't want to leave!!!!! Looks like you guys had a great family trip!