Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day, a Peacock and Gymnastics with Jesus

Radom title I know...but it will make sense! I am sure, like all of you, we had a wonderful Father's Day...with great dads to celebrate! Jason, Reese and I drove to Atlanta on Saturday to see my family and to celebrate Father's day with my dad (Reese's Pop Pop). I really do love holidays like this because it does make you pause and realize how important Fathers are in your life. I am so grateful for mine and for how much he loves Reese and how much she loves him. Also, I am blown away every day as I sit in awe of the amazing husband God has blessed me with and the incredible father he is to Reese (and soon to Hadley). I could not imagine anyone any better, I feel as though I have the best!



Reese with Pop, and her daddy!

Now, onto the peacock. I took Reese to the zoo this past week and we brought the stroller in because she changes her mind often about walking or riding. Well, she was walking...I was pushing the stroller and all of the sudden my little red head took off chasing the peacock (that wonders around the Zoo) and I was left trying to catch her while pushing the stroller. I decided to get out the camera and get a little of the 3 minute chase on tape. So, warning, you may get sick watching this...but it was too funny! We passed about 20 people who were looking and laughing at us. And if you happen to go to the Birmingham Zoo and notice that one of the peacocks is missing...well it is still hiding from a certain little red head!


And finally, I thought I should share with all of you the relationship that Reese has with her Jesus. She woke up from her nap the other day to tell me that she had a great nap and great dreams. When I asked her what she dreamed about, she said, "Jesus was doing gymnastics with me!" Love that...I mean I could actually picture it...He is her friend and that is how it should be!

1 comment:

Shirla and Dennis said...

What a great video. I loved seeing Reese's peacock adventures, her laughter and excitement.
The love Reese already has for Jesus is amazing. I'm thankful for the dwelling place that He has found in each of your hearts.
Love, Grandma Shirla