Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Alabama, Georgia, Texas...

That was how the Beckner Family was divided up over the past weekend!  It honestly was a great weekend but a strange one!  I had made plans (with the help of some amazing people) to head to Dallas to see Jonathan and Caitlin and to help them during their recovery.  Jason ended up having to take a last minute trip to a different part of Texas and so the girls spend part of the time I was gone in Birmingham with Daddy, and then the rest in Atlanta with Bebe, Ashley, Mr. and Mrs Eubanks (whom they have named Cookie and Papa) and some help from Aunt B and Uncle Steve!

Bebe as always makes memories with these girls that they will not soon forget!  A very festive tea party complete with some real tea sets, dress up items and yummy treats
 (muffins that Reese and Bebe made together) 

 I know...I, like you was startled when this picture first came across my email...at first glance I thought I saw an small person with a bad haircut and Charlie Chaplin's hat and a little country Dolly Parton in her skivvies!  But a closer look proved to be my two girls...WOW I can only imagine how crazy Bebe's house was with these two!  They all had a great time swimming, jumping, eating, reading and playing with Bebe, Ashley, Cookie and Papa.  On Sunday afternoon they went to a little dance musical (just Reese and Hadley) while Aunt B and Uncle Steve graciously offered to take care of our little Bryn. 
 (More thanks than you know)

While Marietta, Georgia was being taken over by the three wild Redheads...I was in Dallas, Texas living it up slaving away taking care of these two!
In all seriousness I loved every moment with them.  First of all I don't think I realized how much I had really needed to see them in the flesh since the transplant...so that was huge.  They are really doing well.  Moving around (slowly...but moving) and just taking their difficult recovery day by day.  It was weird at first to wake up in a house and for no one else to be awake at 7:30am (normally the Beckner house if buzzing at 7:00am for sure)...so I did not know what to do with myself.

But, I quickly found my rhythm of just enjoying "being" with my brother and sister-in-law and helping with what I could (driving to pick up RX, doc stuff...groceries....not huge things but it was great).  I am still in awe of how God has just wrapped his arm around them...Caitlin's kidney is just working hard in Jonathan's body...and we are just praying that it continues on that track.  They both continue to look straight up...being grateful, full of hope and just waiting for God to point them where He wants them in the future!

I am so grateful to have spent a weekend with them, so grateful for Jason sacrificing a day off at work to take care of the girls, for my mom, Ashley, The Eubanks, Aunt and Uncle Steve for all loving on our girls so this all could happen!

No comments: