Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hamburger Cupcakes!

Don't worry they are really good...and Reese had that same reaction when I told her we were going to make them! But, once she saw the ingredients she was sold!


Don't judge my hands...I was trying to hide my chipped nail polish...and on this one the lettuce may be a little drippy!I know you are all dying to do this and to see the finished product...so what you need...
A very willing assistant

One that is very hardworking... A Taste Tester...


(don't worry that spatula was not used after this picture was taken!)While I wish I was one of those people who takes pictures of every step of the process...this is about as far as I got. The hamburger buns are actually just mini cupcakes...Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and mini muffin tins...cut them in half and there you go!

See...told you I did not take pictures of the steps...so viola...the final product! Aren't they so cute! I mean I am no Martha Stewart but I was pretty proud that I tried something and it actually worked (I have had a few failures...ok more than a few on things like this)


So why? Well, Reese's class is working on writing their letters and early reading...so this week they were on the letter "H" and so Reese was in charge of an "H" snack! I was trying to be creative and not so plain...I may have been that mom who sent carrot sticks...trying to be healthy! So, I found this on one of my favorite blogs, Bakerella, (please note it is one of those blogs that 99.9% of the stuff I can't do and don't even attempt...but if I did these...anyone can!)

You can find the exact recipe on Bakerella, mine was not an exact copy of hers.

I used

1 box Betty Crocker yellow cake mix (used egg beaters instead of eggs)

1 box Betty crocker fudge brownies (used applesauce instead of oil and eggbeaters for eggs)

I did not use cupcake liners...just baked them straight in the pan

I did not have the "handy" circle cutter that she has...so I improvised..I tried any and every little round plastic thing until I found a new bubble bottle top that worked!

1 container of Betty Crocker cream cheese icing

Yellow, Green and Red food coloring that I had

Sesame seeds..(these are key...it makes them look so real!)


They were a HUGE hit with the kiddos...and they are really tasty!

No comments: