Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You have to make this...

Pepper and Chicken Nachos
Seriously...they are good! I wish I had thought to take a picture of mine when I made them...alas, I did not so I am using the one from Southern Living...where I got the recipe! Southern Living is one magazine that I love! It always has great recipes!

They are a variation of the old nacho...which to be honest...I would really never make! I am not a nacho fan...but I am a fan of nachos like these! Like I have mentioned before...I AM NOT A COOK...I mean, I can copy a recipe and I like to try new things...but I am not one of those who can come up with something just by tasting it!

Anyway...so the other night we had our friends, The Morrows, over for dinner and I decided to go out on a limb and try something I had never made before! I am pretty sure it was a big hit!

Here is the recipe...I thought about typing it here...but, they have it all on the my recipes site...sooo much easier! I will say that I made a few changes...I used less olive oil, salt and cheese. I mixed the cilantro into the bean mix instead of adding it at the end (honestly I did not mean to do that) and I did not grill the peppers before hand...I just broiled them before and once I added the mixture!

I made this for a meal...so to "beef" it up I used the mixture and did some on peppers and then I did two variations on blue corn tortillas...one with the chicken and one with shrimp! (Jason was a little nervous that the peppers would not be enough...but once we ate...he said he was wrong...hehe)

We had a great time with the Morrows and the kids had a great time playing...


Ellie, Hadley, Graham and Reese...I think Bryn was in her swing


Graham pulling Reese around the room by her feet...so fun

Reese pulling Graham...it was fun to watch!

2 comments:

Shirla and Dennis said...

Can't wait to try the nachos. They look yummy.
Reese's hair is getting so long, and she looks like she is really getting taller.
Sounds like you really had fun with your friends.
Love and miss you,
Grandma Shirla

Merritt said...

thanks for the recipe - i am starting to cook again since we're getting settled and need something new to motivate me!