Friday, August 13, 2010

A little twist on salsa

It's a first..I know. I don't really post recipes because...well, I don't ever feel like I am the best judge of good food. Seriously, my taste buds are pretty bland...so there you go.

But, I made this for Hadley's party and everyone loved it and ate every last bite...I really enjoyed it too! So here goes...

Avocado-Feta Salsa

2 plum tomatoes
2 avocados (seeded, peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (I only used about half)
1 fresh garlic clove minced (I am sure you could used refrigerated...but I love fresh garlic)
1 T parsley/ 1 T oregano..I CHANGED THESE TO CILANTRO...MY OWN TASTE!
1 T olive oil
1 T red or white wine vinegar
4 oz. feta cheese chopped finely (this is totally optional if you don't want cheese in it)

Mix everything (except feta) together in a large bowl...then gently add in feta. Cover and refrigerate for 2-6 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or tortilla chips.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

sweetpeamorrow said...

sounds yummmmmmy!!!!!!!!!! i love new recipes!