Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dance Me Daddy

Call it postpartum emotions or just plain hormones...but I have cried more in the past few days over this book than I care to count! So, here is the story...I came across the book Dance Me, Daddy a few months ago while Reese and I were in a bookstore. I cried reading it in the store...and have never stopped.
I decided that it was the perfect book to give Jason (because I wanted him to cry too...just kidding) because he is the most amazing father...and Reese and Hadley are so blessed! Basically the book is just a reminder to me of how God has created all of us with the hole in our souls longing to have a father to love, cherish and dance with us. God of course is who should fill that hole...but wow, how blessed to have an earthly father show Gods love to you in that way! So, I totally urge all of you to read this children's book...and for those of you who have children (especially girls) and even those of you who don't get your tissues ready.
Ironically, this is Jason dancing with Reese a few days before Hadley was born ( I gave him the book in the hopsital after Hadley was born).
The book comes with a cd that has the song of Dance Me, Daddy on it...and this was Jason dancing with his girls to that song!
Reese loving on her sister and singing with the song!
Sisterly love
Little bit tired after dancing!

3 comments:

The Carters said...

I can't wait to read that book! I have no doubt that it will have me in tears as parenting has made me a softy! :)
Hadley is beautiful and I cannot wait to meet her soon!

Jennifer and Beau Whitson said...

So, so sweet!

Shirla and Dennis said...

Love you Hadley and Reese!
Grandma Shirla