Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Mine-O-Saur


So, there is this book, called the Mine-O-Saur, and we have enjoyed reading it for the past 6-8 months. It came at a great time when Reese was starting to say mine about things. Luckily for us...that phase passed...we thought! But, the Mine-o-saur has reared her ugly head again! For some reason, Reese has decided that everything is hers...my makeup, my purse, Jason's hats, our car, the windows in our house (don't ask), and Bebe(my mom). Yes, so this past weekend Bebe came for a visit while Jason was out of town and Reese was elated! The excitement began when Bebe and I went to pick Reese up from Mother's day out on Friday (Reese did not know that Bebe was here) and Reese ran to her, hugged her and screamed "we are going to have so much fun". Then came the mine-o-sauer...Bebe and Reese were playing in her room, I enter and Reese begins to say...out, out, move, move...TO ME! Her way of saying, "this is my time with my Bebe...don't come in." And, that was the theme all weekend!

So, we will revert back to working on understanding that all does not belong to Reese, remind her she is the child and hopefully the mine-o-saur will go back in the book! I am so glad that Jason and I are right now in the middle of a wonderful parenting study to help us along on this journey!
My Bebe
Our little Mine-o-Saur

A new thing...the Mine-O-Saur has piggies....pig tails!

Another thing that is "mine" our friend Graham's new puppies


The puppies got lots of love

1 comment:

Merritt said...

welcome to the 2's!!! its quite a trip! hope to see you soon!