Sunday, May 10, 2009

A weekend of Fun

This weekend we had a lot going on and the Beckner's enjoyed every minute of it! This was officially my 3rd Mother's Day, but I think it was the best! I think I just really had a chance to take everything in. We had a low key day and I really had time to be so grateful for my amazing husband and our incredible daughter Reese and baby girl on the way! It also gave me time to really think about how much my mom has meant to me and all that she put on the back burner so that she did things for me! I feel very lucky to have had such a wonderful example of an amazing Godly and loving Mother. I only hope to follow in her footsteps.
We also had a visit from Grandpa Beckner (Jason's dad) and Reese loved every minute of him being here! She loved holdling Grandpa's hand or having him hold her the whole weekend! It was sad on Sunday morning when she woke up and said, "let's go see Grandpa", I said, "remember Grandpa went back to Missouri" and she said sadly, "we won't give him a kiss?" It was really cute! It was a great treat to have Grandpa come in town.
This was Reese at the Zoo...they have opened up the floor fountains and she loved it.

One more fun thing for the weekend was the annual Crawfish boil at Merry Michael's house! It was a great celebration to honor Memi's and Anne's 30th birthday and also Reese's first time to hold a live and well, boiled crawfish! Reese called them little lobsters and I am not sure she really understood that when they had been boiled they were no longer alive...oh well! The little lobster...head in one hand...tail in the other?
Reese with Merry Michael (her Memi)

1 comment:

Merritt said...

love the pig tails! they make her look like such a big girl! we just cut avery's hair and it won't fit in pigtails now...sad!