Monday, February 13, 2012

Our baby is 5

Today seriously was a day that I felt like was so far away...until it came! Today we celebrated Reese's 5th birthday! Like always...she has changed a lot in just a year.
We started the day like this...I hung balloons and streamers on the outside of her door so that when she woke up she could coming running through them. She loved it and I wish I had gotten a picture of her coming out! Jason made pancakes for everyone for breakfast (he normally does this on Saturdays when he is in town...it is his thing and the girls love it).
I have to preface the rest of the pictures to say that she did this all on her own! Talk about a little actress! I asked her if I could take a picture of her on her birthday...and then she asked if I would take some more of her doing her "faces"...I could not say no...and I could hardly keep from laughing! I came to school today and we had a little birthday party for her...she was so excited...she was dancing around the room and singing! When I dropped her off at school...she jumped out of the car and gave the carpool teachers high fives smiling and saying "I'm five today"! I mean today was an exciting day!
Reese has grown up so much over the last year! She has taken her role of big sister full on...she loves to tell her sisters what to do for sure...don't we all! She does take such good care of them and she loves on Hadley and Brynlee so much. The cutest thing is when she and Hadley go to school together on Tuesday and Thursdays...Reese gets out of the car in the carpool line...she takes her and Hadley's bags and then she holds Hadley's hand and takes her to her class! IT melts me!
Reese has officially lost 3 of her bottom teeth and 2 of them are starting to come in. She is doing a great job learning to write her name and all of her letters! She and I are "trying" to spend a little time each day working on writing and reading...but I will say it is hard! She still does ballet and loves it...she is actually very agile and graceful...and then on the other hand she can run like a wild Indian!
Ok..tell me you would not crack up taking this picture! She has soooo much personality! Reese is full of life and has tons of energy....she wears me out, but on the same hand she is full of compassion and has such a tender heart. She and I were on the couch last night and I was telling her about Febraury 13th, 2007...the whole story of how she was born and then how excited Jason and I were.
In the process of telling that story...of course I started crying...and so did she! IT was just one of those moments...I was telling her how grateful her daddy and I were to be her parents and to have been blessed with such an amazing daughter! She started wiping the tears from my eyes and she told me "mommy I just want you to know that I love you so much"!
It is moments like those that make me excited about all the years to come...even though it is hard for me to grasp that she is already 5 years old I am so looking forward to every moment with this girl...the good and the bad...thank you Lord! We had Reese's birthday party over the weekend...pictures to come...but we did a family dinner tonight! She got to pick the meal and she wanted pizza and cupcakes! We had a great time and I am just so blessed that God has given our family the gift of Reese Kathryn Beckner!

No comments: