Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The half milestone

August has been a month of milestones in the Beckner family. Hadley turned 2, Brynlee hit her 6 month mark and Reese is 4 1/2! I am behind on Reese's milestone...but as she reminds me a lot...she is 4 1/2! That is a big deal!She is right...that half of a year has been a world full of change and growing up for my little Reese! Reese really has grown up a lot...she is so much more than 4 1/2. Sometimes, I forget that she is only 4. She helps me out tons with Hadley and Brynlee and really loves playing the role of a little mommy. Since Hadley has started using the "big potty" Reese loves to take her to go potty and then tell her "Good Job Hadley...you are such a big girl", it is really sweet!


She loves doing things herself...and I really love it too! She can pretty much get anything out of the refrigerator that she needs, including getting the milk out, pouring it into her glass and putting it away without any spills! She loves to help me cook dinner and she likes to pretend we are on the cooking show Chopped...I always get chopped!Reese loves reading books...and we are starting the process of helping her read on her own! She loves to memorize books (seriously she knows sooo many) and tell me she is going to "read" them to me! She also loves to tell stories and to have stories told to her...her imagination cracks me up. She loves having time with just mommy and daddy. We have had a few date nights with her and we are going to continue that with each of them!


Reese has had quite a few play dates with friends this summer. It has been hard for Hadley when Reese leaves...but yesterday I overheard Reese telling Hadley (in response to Reese going to a friends house) "don't worry Hadley...I will be back and mommy will play with you while I'm gone...and I promise this is the last time I will leave!" I could not decide whether I should laugh or cry at that!


So, there you have it...my little peanut Reese...is growing up so fast...4 1/2 on her way to 20!


No comments: