Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Words from the heart

Ok, so before I had Reese, I had always loved children. Loved babysitting, loved holding them, loved watching them. But nothing could have prepared me for how much I would love my own. Now, as Reese is getting older and more expressive (ok well, she is my child so she has been expressive for awhile, but you know) I just keep falling more and more in love with her. I think it is the moments when I see things click in her head...like I get it; and the moments when she looks and Jason and me and says family hug (cheesy but so sweet). But, to take the cake my dad had a heart surgery procedure done this past Thursday and Reese just blew me away. We were in the waiting room when they called to say that (Pop Pop - aka- my dad) was ready to go to his room and we could come and walk beside the bed. He was basically completly out of it...and as I held Reese she looked at him with such concern and then began to rub the bed and "it okay Pop...it okay". The best part was I could see in her eyes the compassion and love she had for him. I know...so much gushing...but I am daily amazed at her and reminded of the child like love that is so genuine and sweet. Here are some pictures from the weekend in Atlanta. And thank you for your prayers for my dad. He is slowly doing better and time will tell if the surgery was a success!

Reese and Pop Pop passed out in the hospital


Reese and Pop watching a little TV together at the hospital

Reese helping Pop in his recovery...walking slowly

Reese helping with the dishes at Bebe's house


Struting her stuff like big girls do!

1 comment:

kristen elaine said...

oh my gosh, lauren, the first picture of reese sleeping on the bed with your dad is just precious! i'm so glad the surgery went well!