Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Falls, bumps, scrapes and more!


So this past week we had a lot happen and I decided I need to write two posts! Crazy I know! When Reese was a few weeks old, if I heard it once I heard it 500 times that "believe me things won't be such a big deal with your second one...I used to be like that...you will learn". It made me want to scream...I mean this is my first time as a mom and I need to go through these things right? Well, all of that to say I am kind of getting what they were saying. I mean it may now have been the 50th time Reese has fallen and busted her lip...and while the first 30 times I was ready to drive to the ER...I now realize we just roll with the punches (or falls).

But, I will say that his past week was a doozie! Upon leaving our music class at Shades Mountain Baptist...Reese wanted to go down the large set of concrete stairs herself. She is so independent now and I should have said no. Lesson learned. She was doing great for the first 10 and then she started going faster...and then she fell forward and went faster if you know what I mean. 10 seconds later and her forhead, nose and right above her upper lip were scrapped and covered in blood. It was aweful...but as we headed to the bathroom I was just saying over and over "it's ok we will fix it...just a little boo boo" when internally I was thinking OH MY GOSH, I must be the world's worst mother, look at her!

So, basically I am realizing that this is probably the first in a long line of many more falls and bumps like this...but I am just reminding myself that the little things don't matter. I want Reese to know that too so I am learning to ease up. As you can see in the some of the pictures the scrapes are not pretty...but they are getting better and Reese loves to point out her "boo boo" to everyone.

4 comments:

The Carters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Carters said...

Poor Reese! I bet she is so cute though walking up to people and pointing out her boo boo. You are going to have to remind me of kid's resiliency the first few times that Lillian takes a good fall. :) Also, I am so glad that your dad is doing better and I am praying that the surgery makes a huge difference!

The Reeds said...

She is still so cute, even with the boo boo!
I hope your dad is doing well!

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom! It does get easier, but it still breaks your heart!