Thursday, February 14, 2013

6 years ago

I can't believe our Reese was born 6 years ago!  I had a small breakdown yesterday morning as I was lying beside her...talking to her about the day she was born (they all love to hear the story about the day they were born...how they cried...how we held them...ect..).  I had tears coming...and so did she...she has a sensitive little heart
This year's birthday will be one she won't forget...and sadly I am not sure the next few years will live up to the magic of this one!

 Princess Cinderella Reese
 Reese has grown up so much in the past year!  She has grown in maturity and I am amazed!  People often don't realize that she is only 5 (or 6 now), she is so tall and her face does not look like a 6 year old...and honestly there are moments that she acts so old. (and yes moments that she does not)
 Reese loves every moment of school and really looks forward to going.  Next year will be a big step as she heads to full day first grade...but she is ready!  She has become such a big help to me...always helping her sisters do things at home...helping Brynlee go potty, helping Hadley put on a princess dress and always wanting to help me cook.

 Reese had grown in her reading ability this year!  I love watching the excitement when we are looking at something and she can read the words...or when she now knows how to spell so many words on her own.  She has always loved being read to, and now we enjoy listening her to read at least one of her "easy readers" each day.
 We are so proud of Reese. She has such a tender heart for her sisters and for God.  She is so quick to tell when someone at school was sad and tells me how she tried to show them love.  I pray that God continues to keep her heart soft and that her compassion for others only grows.  I am sad to see my baby grow so fast, but I am excited for the amazing little lady she has become.

No comments: