Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mistaken Identity

You know him...

I know him...

They know him
SANTA!
But, it can be confusing to the little ones! You see, Jason and I took the girls to see Santa yesterday. Reese was sooo excited, Hadley was excited from afar and Brynlee really did not care for him and was confused as to why he was holding her.
Things went relatively well during the whole "sitting with Santa". We went to Brookwood Village, because I like that Santa...he was so chatty with the girls this year! But, the drama of Santa unfolded after they sat on his lap!
You see, this was the first year that Hadley was really too in the whole Santa thing, last year she was only 16 months old! So, she was just catching on the the white hair, red coat idea!
After the girls sat with Santa, we walked right across the mall to eat at Chick-Fil-A. Things were going fine. We could actually still see Santa from afar. It was as the meal ended...
I was cleaning up our table...and Hadley began to say "I want to see Santa...I want to see Santa". To which, I told her that we had, had our turn but we could walk over there and "see" him again in a minute. But, then the next thing I know she is standing in front of someone with her arms up saying "I want to hold Santa"! I was horrified!
Why, You may ask? It was an elderly lady with long white hair, wearing a very long, very big red coat! Yes...you are correct...Hadley thought she was Santa...and wanted her to hold her! As quick as I could, I scooped Hadley up and just smiled at the lady...and we headed the other direction. That pretty much sums it up...it is honestly really funny to me now (ok...it was kind of funny at the time) but I did not want to girls to catch on to that!

No comments: