Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"I...I will SURVIVE!"

I love that song...I have for a long time...but this past week...well, it has been my theme song! Seriously...it was in my head all day...every day. You see...this guy down here...he was in South Africa for a week!



It was for a good reason. He went on a mission trip and he had an incredible time (pictures of his trip to come...I promise). And, honestly, when we talked about him going a few months ago...I was like, "Babe, seriously, go we will be fine...I can do this with my eyes closed"...really...really! I mean Jason travels a couple times a month...normally for 2-4 days...so no big deal...right? Well, let's just say that by day 4...I was wishing I could take back the "eyes closed" statement...and that my eyes could really close...sleep...I need sleep! Truth be told, we had a great time...wild...but a great time...we missed our daddy!



We had lots of dance parties...sorry the pictures look blurred but I wanted you to know what my vision was like after a week by myself!


Two crazy dancing little ones...loud dancing little ones.



Ahh...but there were moments of peace...had by her that is...it is like she was born with earplugs!
If I could just bottle up some of her energy...the things I could do!Hadley developed a little more independence when Daddy was gone...wanted to dress herself...so there you have it!


Oh...and then this...yes I spent the morning getting everyone ready to head out the door...only to walk outside to this...I had to laugh...seriously...are you kidding me...my husband is in SOUTH AFRICA! I know, I know...some of you are thinking "can't you change a tire"...well the answer is No...and I don't want to learn how either!

Then there was this moment...when I came out from putting Bryn down for her nap...a slightly larger "baby" in the exersaucer!


Bryn may be sweet...but when I told her what Hadley had been playing in...well they say a picture says it all!


Disclaimer "no children were hurt in the following pictures...but a lot of fun was had by all involved...ie..mommy and Reese"

Yes...she is dancing on the washing machine...better than on the ceiling!

I am not going to say where she may have seen these moves!

And...finally, our daddy is home! We all SURVIVED...and we are all so grateful that our family is back together! Things just aren't the same without our daddy!


1 comment:

The Spann's said...

I am SO proud of you Lauren!!!!!