Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How have I not blogged about this...

Or about Them I should say!

YES...these two! My brother and his FIANCE, Caitlin! This weekend we had a few wedding showers for these two...and I realized that I have not talked about this! I mean, my brother is getting married...to an amazing girl...and we are SOOO excited!So, we headed over to Atlanta...to just hang around for a few days...

Well, we really did not hang around...we really ran crazily all over the Atlanta area! We started at my dad's house to have a celebration lunch for Jonathan and Caitlin with my family, my Aunts and Uncles from South Carolina and Caitlin's mom (we had the best time meeting her)!That night we headed over to a Tool Shower for Jonathan...where you can see he got a really big tool box! (he is going to kill me for that picture...but what are sisters for?)
Here is the whole group from the shower. It was an incredible night....lots of laughter and a few tears as we shared about the amazing man my brother is and how his journey has brought him through so much! I truely do think he and Caitlin are an incredible match!


We stayed with my grandmother, Myrl, and the girls loved it! I say this all the time but I can not even describe how incredibly beautiful I think she is. We headed over there for a bit on Saturday afternoon...and then Aunt Bethany and Uncle Steve graciously agreed to take care of Reese and Hadley while we went to the tool shower...we did not get any pictures...but the girls had a great time!
Then, Sunday afternoon we headed out for a shower for these two again...it was really a shower for Caitlin...but we let the "soon to be groom" come along!



OOOOOHHHH...this is serious business! Seriously, some of the hostesses had to let Jonathan know that it might not be time efficient to give everyone a hug after each gift....he is just really nice like that...and you can't blame him...this was his first time at one of these! (ok, truth be told I may have told him first to put a stop on the hugs...bossy sister...I know)



The gift opening was fun...although Jonathan looks like he might be sleeping...I am confused...why is he not excited about new towels and dishes!


But, in case you were worried...this little one thought the shower was sooo much fun!



Giving a little thank you speech...they are so darn cute together!




The whole Hansard crew



So...in just a few short weeks...these two will be Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Woodlief!



We are so excited!


***New Post Below***

1 comment:

Merritt said...

so sad i couldn't make it! i am so excited for jonny and this new stage in life! and caitlin is gorgeous - looks like she belongs with your girls!! congrats!