Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Did we forget something?

Seriously, that was how Jason and I felt all weekend! When we got married, we decided that we were going to try and take an anniversary trip together (just the two of us) every year! Well, we have succeeded except for last year, since I was enormously pregnant with Hadley and the idea of traveling did not seem fun! So, all of that to say...it has been two years since Jason and I took a long trip together without the kiddos! While we missed them so much...(and it seriously did feel like we forgot something)...We had an incredible time!
The view from our room down at the pool
I am such a sucker for cool pools...and this one was incredible...and I loved that it was a saltwater pool
The sunsets here were amazing
Not sure what was wrong with my camera here but the pool was even better at night
"Unconditional Surrender" I loved this...it was right in the heart of downtown Sarasota by the docks...it is a memorial to WWII...depicting a sailor who was caught on camera kissing a random woman after coming home from the war...I love it!
Oh...yes, did I mention that Sarasota was where Jason grew up, and I had never been. So, that was our destination...now I know why he loved it so much!While we were living it up...the girls were kicking back with Grandma Shirla in Birmingham
They all had a great time...playing, going to the zoo, getting ice cream and balloons...and lots of love from Grandma. It was such a gift to us for Shirla to come and take care of the girls! Family is amazing!

One last little hug before Grandma Shirla headed back to Missouri! The girls miss you already Grandma!

No comments: