Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I dreamt about you..."

So, naptime for Reese is a staple in our house. She has always been a good sleeper and she still is. She still takes one nap a day, for about 2-3 hours, and she needs it! With that said, for about the past 6 months she has started to have one "problem nap" about once every 3 weeks. When I say "problem" I really mean she fights taking a nap. She will talk, and talk, and talk trying to not take a nap. But...mind you...she is tired...she just does not want to take one.

Today was that day and here is what I heard on the monitor during her nap (after about 45 mintues of going to the bathroom and needing this and that).

Reese: Mommy, I had a good nap (she has not slept at all at this point). (Again) Mommy, I had a good nap...(again and again and again)

Reese: Mommy, I dreamt about you...I dreamt about you, Mommy! (Are you kidding...flattery?)
I am so glad that she could not see me because I was dying laughing.

I continued to let her talk and repeat this for about 5 minutes...and then I heard

Reese: Gosh, this is taking forever! MOMMY, I HAD A GREAT NAP! (again...I was laughing but after that...I heard nothing and she passed out for two hours) - (and yes I am pretty sure she has heard me say that when we are in traffic).

1 comment:

Robin Lyles said...

So funny. Finn does the same thing sometimes except he doesn't try flattery. " mommy, you want to come get me out?" and then louder and louder. Gotta give them an A for effort though.