Sunday, February 15, 2009

Run Baby Run!

Well, to begin, Jason and I just completed our first half marathon together...it was Jason's first half marathon ever! I am so impressed with him...I mean I always knew he could do it...he is an incredible athlete and always in great shape...but he has just never really enjoyed running! But, he decided to do it with me this year and I am so glad he did, he was my saving grace in the race! The race began and we were doing fantastic keeping pace to do one of my best times...and then the last 3.5 miles came! And now that brings me to some more exciting news!

We are expecting little Beckner number 2! That is right...that soon to be addition to the Beckner family and my incredibly encouraging husband gave me the push to finish! (Jason was so great...he would have finished at least 10 minutes ahead if it had not been for me needing to slow down a lot) It was great as we rounded to the finish line to see my mom and brother with Reese sitting high on Jonathan's shoulders!

After the race we had a very filling lunch at Cracker Barrel with Merry Michael, (who had her best half marathon time ever!) Bethany and Steve. I have to give a shout out to Bethany who completed her first half marathon as well...in great time...but this is my roommate who used to almost tear up at the thought of having to run a single mile! SO IMPRESSED!

So, back to the baby...we are due August 13th...14 weeks in now and feeling pretty good. Reese is very excited and likes to say good morning to the baby! She has also began to say she has a baby in her tummy...which is cute! Pictures from the race and baby will come (camera really broken)...we need to get a new camera...any suggestions are welcome! Well...there you go...run baby run!

4 comments:

The Reeds said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting! Reese will be such a sweet big sister! I'm glad you're feeling well too:)

Jennifer and Beau Whitson said...

Congratulations,you guys! That is such exciting news and we couldn't be happier for you!

Unknown said...

Unbelievable!!!!! The Emerts are so excited for you guys!!! And you two are animals! Can't wait for you guys to join the multiple kids club. We could not be happier. We are praying for you guys.
Courtney, Olivia, Jude, and Jeremy

Cile said...

Heidi told me your fantastic news and I just wanted to say congratulations! Happy belated birthday to Reese also :)