Saturday, February 7, 2009

A little handyman and some laughs

Well, so of course about 30 minutes after Jason's plane took off for Dallas...a pipe busted under our sink! I feel like things secretly wait until Jason is gone and then they fall apart! Anyway...as I watched water gush onto the kitchen floor and frantically tried to figure out where it was coming from...I took a few deep breaths. I turned the water off (pretty happy with myself for doing it so quickly) and then I began to inspect the problem. Once I figured it out I decided that this was something I was going to try and fix before I call a plumber and $200 or more later had it fixed. Long story short...I went to the hardware store, purchased the parts and attempted to take off the "J" pipe and replace it. The problem was in trying to remove it I almost removed all of the other pipes. So, sadly I decided I was going to wait for Jason (since I was too scared to end up ruining the whole pipeline).

My two plumbers to the rescue...will only a bill of $10.00 for the pipe!

And on another note...whenever Jason goes out of town I can tell if really affects Reese(luckily it is not that often and his trips are short). She has just gotten to that age where she wants us all together. Jason and I are actually doing the study "Growing Kids God's Way" (it is so great and practical) and in the study it talks about the security children have from their parents being together. Anyway, when Jason did get home we had some quality time...turn up your volume!

4 comments:

kristen elaine said...

lauren, i LOVE reese's laugh - it's contagious! hope you are having a great weekend:)

Unknown said...

That is fantastic! Funny thing is the same thing happens with Courtney when I go out of town. We can tell some stories. I loved hearing Reese laugh!!! Hey check out our blog if you get a chance.
http://www.lifewiththeemerts.blogspot.com. We miss you guys!!!

Merritt said...

so funny lauren! glad you are fixed!

The Carters said...

Reese's laugh is wonderful and made me smile from ear to ear! Brad is gone for work all week and I am just hoping I don't have to deal with any issues like that - and if I do, I hope I can remain as calm as you did. :)