Wednesday, August 7, 2013

4 years for our Sweet Hadley

Today marked the making of another 4 year old at the Beckner house!  Hadley Grace turned 4 today...although she seems to most like she has been 4 for a long time!  Words to sum up our sweet Hadley, well, sweet, kind, tender, feisty, loving, girly, sassy and a lot of spunk!

Hadley is so darn smart...she really remembers everything and while it scares me a little it is a huge help because she remembers people's last names...as in she knows their first and last name the first time she meets them...and sometimes she remembers her friend's mommies names for me!  She is my wing girl!  Hadley really seemed to grow up a lot this year, became more and more independent and she was a huge help.  She loves to be held as always but is very content playing quietly in her room with all of her princesses.  She dresses up almost every day...and on the rare occasion that I dress up when I dress up, her eyes light up as she scans my dress and jewelry trying to decide what she wants.

I joke that Hadley may be our family evangelist, she LOVES Bible stories...but the funniest thing about it is that she will walk around with any book and just start quoting Bible stories.  Like I mentioned earlier, her memory is amazing so she will tell stories word for word how we read them to her. The Jesus Storybook Bible is her favorite, and mine actually, if you have children and don't have this book...get one, and even better get the audio cd's that go with it.  She remembers her Bible verses so well, and it is the best reminder to me, whenever I am not having a good day she will look at me and say, "mommy, God is always with you."  It melts my heart, it was our theme verse in the car this year as the girls would be sad about doing something new or going to the Dr, ect, and we would quote Joshua 1:9 as some encouragement.  

Hadley, we are beyond blessed to be called your parents, you teach us so much...please don't stop.  Happy Birthday sweet girl, you give our lives so much LIGHT!

Hadley loved every minute of Disney this year...she asks all the time when we are going back!

Hadley completed her first year of ballet this year and she loved it.  I am pretty sure she loved wearing a tutu the most, but she has said she wants to do it again, we will see.

Hadley loves the water, and this year she has started to swim all on her own...so we have put the lady bug vest to rest.  

Like I mentioned earlier, Hadley never misses a chance to dress up...no matter where she is.  Here she is at Bebe's house and has put together an ensemble of an Abe Lincoln hat that my brother used for school and a fancy top of my mom's...basically she is channeling her inner Slash!

There is not a picture that sums her up more than this one...Diva princess at her best.



No comments: