Sunday, February 21, 2010

Peas, Peas, Peas

Peas...I really don't like them. I can tolerate them when they are in fried rice or in a mixed vegetable dish, but I prefer to skip them! With that said, I was shocked when I began to introduce "solid food" (side note...not sure why they call it solid food when it is really mushed up fruits and veggies...anyways) to Reese. She LOVED peas. From the age of six months until present day at 3 years the child LOVES them. She eats them hot, cold, by themselves or with anything else! I was really excited that she loved them and really was an all together great eater...then I tried to give them to Hadley! I will say Hadley seems to eat everything else pretty well...but I think the green veggies may take awhile.

Warning...looks can be deceiving!
This little one gave me that cute little grin for about 20 minutes while I fed her spoonful after spoonful of fresh mashed peas! She would smile, open her mouth and then smile as she politely spit every last bit out! Literally after 20 minutes I still had a full bowl of pea mush!


I am so grateful that she smiled an laughed the whole time rather than crying...but I just thought for sure she would eat them up like Reese. I am not giving up yet!

A few more pics of our little Miss Hadley without peas!


No comments: